13 Utterly Disappointing Facts About Books
1…In a 2012 survey, almost a fifth of children said they would be “embarrassed”
if a friend saw them with a book….
2. …and 54% of those questioned said they preferred watching TV to reading.
Here’s the study from the National Literary Trust.
3. Fifty Shades of Grey is now the best-selling book of all time in Britain.
…topping all the print sales of the Harry Potter series.
4. Snooki is a New York Times best-selling author.
5. So is Jessica Alba.
6. This Justin Bieber book? Also a New York Timesbest seller.
7. Book and e-book sales are down 9.3% in the U.S.
And the trend is pretty much the same across the globe.
8. The last Borders bookstore closed in September 2011. Barnes and Noble,
which is battling a steady sales decline, has been closing about 15 stores a year.
9. Ebook sales have officially topped printed book sales as of 2011.
…which isn’t a death knell for reading per se,
but it certainly signals the end of a rich historical era. Of paper.
10. Forks, Washington, now has Twilight-themed stores designed to cash in on tourists.
11. And the four-book Twilight series has sold over 116 million copies,
almost half as many as Stephen King’s entire canon.mahallas.com
12. It’s gotten so bad, books are now being MASSACRED for crafts.
13. And the worst: One in four Americans said they read ZERO books in the past year.
(According to this 2007 Associated Press poll.)
You can TCR software and engineering manuals for spontaneously recall – or pass that exam.
I can Turbo Charge Read a novel 6-7 times faster and remember what I’ve read.
I can TCR an instructional/academic book around 20 times faster and remember what I’ve read.
Introduction to Turbo Charged Reading YouTube
A practical overview of Turbo Charged Reading YouTube
How to choose a book. A Turbo Charged Reading YouTube
Emotions when Turbo Charged Reading YouTube
Advanced Reading Skills Perhaps you’d like to join my FaceBook group ?
Perhaps you’d like to check out my sister blogs:
www.innermindworking.blogspot.com gives ways for you to work with the stresses of life
www.ourinnerminds.blogspot.com take advantage of business experience and expertise.
www.happyartaccidents.blogspot.com just for fun.
To quote the Dr Seuss himself, “The more that you read, the more things you will know.
The more that you learn; the more places you'll go.”