Blackthorn produces sloe berries that go very well with gin.
1. Need to find a positive purpose that is believable.
Why do I ‘hate’ this subject? What could I find fascinating?
You need to switch on your purpose to make this valid to you.
2. Learning is repetition. How did you learn how to ride a bike?
You also gain these deeper inner connections – understandings.
3. You need to enjoy what you study.
4. Discipline and practice.
5. Create a quite place free from distractions
6. Schedule your time. That hour or the hour before or after. Not any hour.
This is your full time job.
7 Be comfortable and slow yourself down; be patient with yourself.
It is worth it to absorb this information because you are fascinated.
8. Read for understanding and excellence rather than trivial memorisation.
You need to understand how the math process works
which is very different to turning out answers.
8. Value your excellence in your study. I want deep probing insights into these topics.
9. Taking notes. Keep your notes. Mind maps Take pride in your notes.
Recording your understandings not bullet points of facts.
10. Self testing. You have to check if your answer and understanding is correct – this take time.
Ask the question again to allow your mind to do a re-call – this repetition is very important
for memory. If you can’t re-call it you need to repeat the looking up and re-calling until
you can. I created mind-maps and pinned them on the wall; each evening I went through the mind maps until I could quote them faultlessly. In order to make the mind maps I had to understand the material so that the order, symbols and phrases triggered chapters of info.
11 It’s going to take you time to build up this process; it depends on your commitment.
So that it becomes a natural process.
12. Remember why you are doing all this in the long run – the rest of your life.
13. Rest, sleep, eat etc properly.
Your brain is actually rewiring and it need time to allow this process to grow and mature.
14. No cramming, you are simply performing in the short term.
15. If you’re having problems implementing these practices note that the pain of avoiding
studying is much worse that the pain of studying successfully.
16. Studying is actually a relaxing activity.
17. Get away from extrinsic (outside/teachers/parents) motivation
and into why YOU want t o study so much
18. You will be able to translate all this amazing wisdom that you learn in school
into your adult life.
You can TCR music, poetry or self development material for internal knowing.
I can Turbo Charge Read a novel 6-7 times faster and remember what I’ve read.
I can TCR an instructional/academic book around 20 times faster and remember what I’ve read.
Introduction to Turbo Charged Reading YouTube
A practical overview of Turbo Charged Reading YouTube
How to choose a book. A Turbo Charged Reading YouTube
Emotions when Turbo Charged Reading YouTube
Advanced Reading Skills Perhaps you’d like to join my FaceBook group ?
Perhaps you’d like to check out my sister blogs:
www.innermindworking.blogspot.com gives many ways for you to work with the stresses of life
www.ourinnerminds.blogspot.com which takes advantage of the experience and expertise of others.
www.happyartaccidents.blogspot.com just for fun.
To quote the Dr Seuss himself, “The more that you read, the more things you will know.
The more that you learn; the more places you'll go.”